Wednesday, April 15, 2009

A Photography Expedition in Greece: Hunting Down MSS

5
Over at Archaic Christianity we can follow Eric B. Sowell on a photography expedition to Greece with a team from the Centre for the Study of New Testament Manuscripts (CSNTM) led by Dan Wallace. The trip will last from the 11th to the 28th (the 12th = day one in Greece) and Eric will report regularly on his blog. Interestingly, Eric says that "all of the places we will go is still an unknown." I must confess that I am a bit jealous of Eric, but I do hope his trip will be exciting and fruitful. Below I have linked to his three first reports.

Friday 10/4: Getting Ready For My First Greek NT Manuscript Photography Expedition

Monday 13/4 (about day one): Greece Trip Day 1 Travelling

Monday 13/4 (about day two): Manuscript Business in Athens

5 comments

  1. He may find something.
    Another Byzantine ms?

    But the darkest spot on the MS map isn't in some obscure place, but in Paris.
    It is here that many important mss lie without a perspective of digitization.
    Examples:

    P4
    C/04
    L/019
    T/029
    070
    0141

    33
    579

    13
    22
    28
    ... ... ...

    I hope that one day Dan Wallace will be able to get his foot into the door of this impregnable bastion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I spoke to someone last evening who got an e-mail from Dr. Wallace, and apparently, they found something big. But they aren't saying yet what it is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read recently that 33 has the masculine accent on IUNIAN in Rom 16:7. Is there enough evidence already out there to dismiss this out of hand?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous wrote:
    "apparently, they found something big."

    Yes, yes, a very large chocolate-filled croissant, I know ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous wrote:
    "apparently, they found something big."

    Yes, yes, a very large chocolate-filled croissant, I know ...



    Very funny, but I wasn't joking.

    ReplyDelete