Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Rylands Papyri

3
In a search for a good picture of what may well be the oldest fragment of the Pauline corpus, P32, I noticed that - possibly all of - the Rylands Papyri are online here, and have been for quite a while.

One way of finding P32 is to search by subject, choose 'Christianity' and find it under inventory number 5. And, for good order, some of the other papyri in this collection are also quite interesting (the Nicean creed, gospel of Mary, and, of course, that fragment of John's gospel).

3 comments

  1. I have an Excel sheet I made for my own use that lists all NT papyri and then has links to online images as I have found them. There are quite a few out there. If anyone is interested, I would be happy to send it to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darrell,
    You could send it to me and with your permission I could make it generally accessible (through a web link to this blog).
    pmh15ATcamdotacdotuk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, we could put it among our TC Files.

    ReplyDelete