The 2008 SBL meeting in Boston included a panel review session on James R. Royse’s book, Scribal Habits in Early Greek New Testament Papyri (NTTSD 36; Leiden: Brill, 2007). A number of the reviews of this important work are presented here, along with Royse’s response. The papers were produced as oral presentations and have been kept in their original shape, except for some straightforward corrections.There are also several interesting reviews:
- G. Aragione and E. Norelli (eds.), Des évêques, des écoles et les hérétiques. Actes du colloque international sur la “Réfutation de toutes les hérésies,” Genève, 13- 14 juin 2008 (J. Keith Elliott, reviewer)
- S. Heid (ed.), Petrus und Paulus in Rom: Eine interdisziplinäre Debatte (Markus Bockmuehl, reviewer)
- R. F. Hull Jr, The Story of the New Testament Text: Movers, Materials, Motives, Methods, and Models (David A. Kaden, reviewer)
- Daniel M. O’Hare, “Have You Seen, Son of Man?” A Study in the Translation and Vorlage of LXX Ezekiel 40-48 (Jennifer Dines, reviewer)
- The volume is not yet complete. More will follow before we reach the end of the year.