Thursday, February 08, 2018

Happy International Septuagint Day!

3

The team at ETC wishes all a happy International Septuagint Day. Do all you can today to promote the study and reading of the Septuagint (even if that means working to erase the name “Septuagint” for Peter Williams—I tease).

In that spirit, I want to point out and celebrate that 2018 marks the 50th anniversary for the International Organization for Septuagint and Cognate Studies and its Journal for Septuagint and Cognate Studies. Currently, the student rate for joining IOSCS and receiving its annual journal is only $20 (what a deal!; $30 for regular members). So if you are interested in membership and subscription to the journal, you can click here. Have a good day, and read the Septuagint!

3 comments

  1. JM,
    I just wanted to say that I appreciate you and your willingness to address OTTC and particularly the LXX here.
    You have really peaked my interest in these areas.

    Tim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why shouldn't the 70th day of the year (March 11th) be LXX Day?

      That at least would be in the spirit of May the 4th Star Wars Day.

      Delete
    2. TJ,
      Thanks for your note of encouragement. I'm glad your interest in such matters has been peaked. I plan to post on the issues more as time allows.

      Delete