Thursday, July 21, 2016

Color Images of P72 and P75 Online

2
Good news! Jean-Baptiste Piggin has discovered that, without any fanfare, the Vatican has just posted color images of both P72 and P75 on its website. Until now the only images I knew of were black and white images on CSNTM and the NT.VMR. At the moment I can’t get the main images for P72 to load but it may just be my connection. (Update: Tommy reminded me that P72 has been up since January.)

Some of the less famous parts of P75 (P. Hanna 1).
P72 (P. Bodmer VIII)

By the way, I notice the Vatican’s new interface has a nice “download JPG” feature now. You can get sizes up to 4040 × 4016 pixels.

HT: @RickBrannan

2 comments

  1. As far as I can tell, you can only download JPEGs of P72. P75 can't be downloaded in such way—at least I haven't been able to do so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Peter, You need to select "single View" not "book view" or "thumbnail view". Single view is the square icon with a single line going through the bottom. (Book view has a vertical line, and thumbnail view has a square split into 4 smaller squares).

    bob

    ReplyDelete