As one of the editors of this peer-reviewed journal, I would like to strongly encourage our readers to submit articles for considerations (for instructions see here). If you are preparing a paper related to biblical textual criticism e.g., for the upcoming SBL, do not hesitate to submit an article version to TC – send an e-mail to editors [at] jbtc [dot] org.
Volume 18 (2013)
- Samuli Siikavirta, P27 (Papyrus Oxyrhynchus 1355): A Fresh Analysis
- Abstract: This detailed study of P27 suggests some adjustments to the older editions. In addition to revisiting its measurements and illegible letters (dots), some readings within the manuscript are challenged. A previously unnoticed alpha can be added after a new investigation into the object features of the fragment (απασα, verso line 19). It is noted that P27 contains some interesting Sonderlesarten often not included in critical editions, e.g. the original aorist passive ε/ηλευθερωθη (verso line 16). The NA27 and NA28 reading of Rom. 8:26 without υπερ ηµων could also be confidently backed up with P27 vid. Some speculations are raised concerning the almost illegible reading on verso line 6. The possibility of the text reading κρα]ζομεν instead of υιοθε]σιας εν is suggested on the basis of an omission of the second ελαβετε from Rom. 8:15 and the three dots above the last two letters of κρα]ζομεν indicating a pause before the word abba. All in all, the study argues that the papyrus was read publically due to the reading aids that it contains.
- Aron Pinker, On the Interpretation of Proverbs 12:27
- Abstract:This article suggests that certain difficulties in Prov 12:27 stem from a confusion of the gutturals ח and ע, and interpretation of יקר as an adjective rather than a verbal form of the root קרה. Making these minimal emendations, a balanced and coherent text is obtained for the verse.
- Hermann Harrauer, Handbuch der griechischen Paläographie (Thomas J. Kraus, reviewer)
- AnneMarie Luijendijk, Greetings in the Lord: Early Christians and the Oxyrhynchus Papyri (Lincoln H. Blumell, reviewer)
- D. C. Parker, Manuscripts, Texts, Theology: Collected Papers 1977-2007 (Peter J. Williams, reviewer)
- K. Wachtel and M. W. Holmes (eds.), The Textual History of the Greek New Testament: Changing Views in Contemporary Research (Scott Charlesworth, reviewer)